This is an exciting time to join the WNZL Risk Management team in this newly created role, as a Senior Property Risk & Valuation Manager managing the Agribusiness property portfolio. We are creating a centre of excellence and we require your expertise as we fine tune the valuation process and identify growth opportunities and risks across the agribusiness property portfolio.
About the role
In this critical role you will help uplift WNZL’s risk management capability as we expand portfolio level analysis across all property portfolios. Essentially the purpose of your role will be to ensure WNZL’s Property Risk & Valuation activity makes a positive contribution to the Banks portfolio growth targets and delivers good customer outcomes whilst maintaining prudent risk management practices.
You will effectively lead a team and be willing to mentor and impart knowledge as we support and develop a Talent pathway for our Property and Risk Valuation Analysts.
Role scope includes:
• Undertake internal Agribusiness valuations, in accordance with Bank policy, regulatory requirements and professional valuation standards, utilising property reports submitted by Agribusiness Relationship Managers
• Maintain a high level of governance across all Agribusiness valuation activity
• Develop and maintain Hindsight reviews and reporting on Agri Valuations relied upon by WNZL
• Develop and undertake portfolio level analysis to identify growth and risk mitigation opportunities with respect to Agribusiness landed security
• Provide expert independent overview and assessment of external Valuation reports
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Ideally you will be a Registered Valuer with specialisation and experience in rural valuation
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Agribusiness/ Finance/ Property Valuation
• Sound knowledge of the business environment serviced by the Bank’s Agribusiness frontline and the challenges likely to be faced by medium - large Agribusiness customers
• An interest or understanding of Agricultural & Horticultural systems & businesses
• You will be well known for your engaging personality and style and be exceptionally good at building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What is in it for me?
As well as immersing yourself in a supportive team environment, you’ll be offered some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market, gain access to a suite of online learning modules and career planning tools to grow with us, as well as our industry-leading superannuation programme and fantastic staff banking package. Lastly, we provide an additional 5 days paid wellbeing leave!
What is it like to work there?
We’re passionate about people and take pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in our communities. From day one, we’ll invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your on-going learning and development.
Submit your CV and cover letter or contact Sian Ramirez, Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential chat.