Could this be the career change you’ve been looking for?
This role sits within the valuation quality and risk area of our Valuation Industry Solutions team (VIS). We are looking for a talented valuation professional or valuer to join the team for an approximately 12 month contract for paternity leave cover.
The VIS is well on a journey to transform the way we do things and embed data and technology at the forefront of that while delivering outstanding customer service to our customers. If you’re part subject matter expert, part problem solver and a savvy industry influencer and who wants to work in a fast paced environment than you’re exactly what we’re looking for.
What you will do:
Your key focus will be supporting the department by helping create optimal processes that support the timely and effective delivery of valuation compliance and quality assurance services to our New Zealand banking and finance customers.
This role will see you responsible for ownership of the following:
- Assist with the delivery of valuation compliance solutions and services through review of business rules, reporting, manual reviews, audits and client and valuation firm feedback.
- Review complex and challenging valuations.
- Be a key escalation point for valuation compliance matters with internal compliance staff, lender clients and panel valuation firms.
- Support the ongoing training and upskilling of internal compliance staff
- Assist with managing and maintaining relationships with lender clients, panel valuation firms and industry stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate regular reporting and engagement with lender clients and valuation firms on valuation compliance performance and improvements.
- Contribute to the continuing training and development of panel valuation firms to ensure risk and customer experience are well balanced.
- Assist CoreLogic representation in the NZ valuation industry to champion change and drive improvements to valuation policy.
- Provide support to the AUS compliance team as required.
Key Competencies Required:
To be successful in this role you will need the following key competencies:
- Strong knowledge of valuation methodologies, industry policy and process in New Zealand
- Excellent written and communication, including presentation skills
- Ability to project and time manage
- Strong relationship building skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to coach and train.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Some understanding of lender credit policies and regulatory requirements as they relate to valuation policy
Experience and Education Required:
- Registered NZ valuer or experienced valuation professional
- Minimum 5+ years valuation experience
- Strong technical valuation policy knowledge
- Track record working in multi stakeholder environments